Poseidon for UML is a popular, fully-fledged UML CASE tool. It evolved from the open-source project ArgoUML and has turned it into a world-class modelling tool. Today, it has the fastest growing user community and is famous for its superior usability. Poseidon for UML is delivered in several editions to meet the needs of different users:
- Community Edition – Perfect for students, beginners, and other non-commercial users, this free edition is the ideal introduction to UML, complete with Java forward engineering.
- Standard Edition – Aimed at analysts, this edition makes quick and easy work of designing and documenting models with Java reverse engineering, UMLdoc, and plug-in extensions.
- Professional Edition – Developers will find a full suite of powerful features such as an Eclipse integration, Java roundtrip engineering, and code generation for many other languages.
- Enterprise Edition – Teams of developers can use real-time collaboration functions and versioning coupled with standalone Java roundtrip engineering to develop software across the room or across the globe.
- Embedded Enterprise Edition – Embedded system developers can use the team capabilities of the enterprise edition with c and c++ generation specifically designed for embedded systems, along with Java reverse engineering.