Tool Name: Accompa
Company Name: Accompa, Inc.
Web Address: http://www.accompa.com
Accompa is an affordable, on-demand (SaaS) requirements management tool. It simplifies the tasks of gathering, tracking, and managing requirements. Key features include:
Capture and define requirements, features and use cases
Customize the tool right from your web browser to fit your organization’s needs
Easily create custom web forms to capture requirements from internal and external stakeholders over the web
Define and track relationships and dependencies; Automatically track complete change history
Add and track unlimited number of attachments
Collaborate with your team using built-in discussion threads, social tags and automatic alerts
Use systematic methodology to prioritize your requirements
30-day, fully-functional free trial is now available
Tool Name: agosense.fidelia
Company Name: agosense GmbH
Web Address: http://agosense.com/
agosense.fidelia’s unique approach of change driven requirements management offers
unmatched capabilities. Each step during the creation or modification of requirements documents will be recorded in detail, so that each granular change becomes projectable and traceable. agosense.fidelia can be deeply integrated within your overall change process, offers nearly unlimited scalability and unique features like parallel editing of documents, true branching and much more.
A high degree of user acceptance and intuitive usability were some oft he main aspects in
regards to the design of agosense.fidelia. At the same time, customization options like free definable document templates, workflows or access control concepts go far beyond what is available on the market today.
agosense.fidelia integrates perfectly into your existing environment and also supports well known industry standards, such as OSLC or ReqIF. And the best part: all this is offered at an incredible price!
Top Features of agosense.fidelia:
• Collaboration – Real-time collaboration on documents with live updates
Your users are working on the same documents at the same time? So just activate the
“concurrent editing” mode and committed changes are displayed to each user instantly. This also works for distributed teams, as agosense.fidelia is purely browser-based web technology.
• Traceability – Drag & drop split screen to view and create traces to internal and external artifacts
Requirements usually have links to other artifacts in the workflow. In addition to common integration techniques, agosense.requirements offers a split-screen mode. This enables you, for example, to write down test cases that are linked to the corresponding requirements.
• Usability and Workflow – Unmatched ease of use even for complex tasks
In regards to the design of agosense.fidelia, it was one of our main goals to facilitate the users daily work and to remove all the complexity that you see in so many other tools on the market. agosense.fidelia allows the user to focus on the essential part of their work. Actions like automated item versioning, calculated attributes, workflow rules, plausibility checks and many more can be predefined and therefore users no longer have to deal with them. Along with less complexity comes less time and money spent on user trainings and an improved learning curve.
• User Acceptance – Document style editing and navigation
agosense.fidelia combines structured creation of requirements with the ease of use normally only provided by pure text processing or spread sheet tools. So regardless of which tools your teams have used in the past, they will like the way they can capture their documents within agosense.fidelia.
• Parallel Development and Product Variants – True versioning, baselines and branches supporting parallel development and product variants.
Everybody talks about it – we have it. agosense.fidelia creates versions of each artifact automatically. Additionally, you can easily create true baselines and branches of documents and also merge them with only a few clicks. And of course agosense.requirements will always show the differences between branches and baselines in the main editing view, so no need for creating any additional differencing reports.
• Change Management – Change driven working
Every step in creating or editing a document request takes place in a working version (Tentative Sheet) and can be recorded to the smallest detail by so-called “Change Sets”. Change Sets are connected with tasks, change requests, user stories, etc. from the ALM tool of your choice. They can be released for the officially valid version of a document (Submit) in a separate step, for example after a review or before a sprint.
• Review – Advanced comment functionality to support review and approval
Notes and comments regarding your requirements can easily be incorporated in your specifications through reviews or voting’s. agosense.fidelia will automatically enable you to identify at any time the relationships between notes or comments and the corresponding changes.
• Impact Analysis – Display impacts of planned changes
Detect dependencies PRIOR to changing your requirements. Being aware up-front of the documents or requirements that will be affected by certain changes will allow you to better identify the impact and estimate the additional effort caused by these changes.
• Dynamic Templates – Document templates enforcing global rules with team/project specific adjustments
agosense.fidelia introduces a new and powerful template engine. You can centrally create templates for the definition of attributes, workflows, dependencies and any other kind of customization on different levels. At the same time, you can allow so-called “template overrides” in case e.g. a team or project needs to extend the predefined document data model later on in the workflow for their individual use cases.
• Performance – Top performance for best user experience even with largest documents
Fast response times, especially for large data sets, enhance working experience and user acceptance extremely. Our combination of modern server technology, specifically designed data model and state-of-the-art database system make agosense.requirements the fastest solution ever for Requirements Management.
• Elastic Scalability – Most scalable solution with automated server clustering
Our completely automated server clustering technology ensures that agosense.requirements scales up to any size of your installation. Regardless of number of users or size of repository, agosense.fidelia will always operate with outstanding performance. Additionally, this technology offers operational security with hot-standby and private cloud support, even making backups history.
• Integration – Highly integrated with other tools and capable of automated data exchange
Integration into your ALM eco-system is one of the key aspects of today’s Requirements Management. With agosense.symphony, we are experts in the domain of tool integration and data exchange. agosense.fidelia have all the technology built-in to be integrated seamlessly into your ALM tool chain with all of its different standards and technologies, such as OSLC, REST, etc. Of interest especially for those companies exchanging requirements documents with their business partners: agosense.fidelia also provides native support for ReqIF.
• Investment security – Lowest possible TCO due to most advanced and efficient infrastructure technology
agosense.fidelia pricing is extremely competitive to start with. Beyond that, our superior architecture, including e.g. a NoSQL database, leads to infrastructural expenses for soft- and hardware that are lower than for any other comparable tool on the market and will contribute to a significant reduction of your operational cost.
Tool Name: ARCWAY Cockpit
Company Name: ARCWAY AG
Web Address: http://www.arcway.com
ARCWAY Cockpit is a tool for managing requirements. It supports ARCWAYâ€™s concept of Visual Requirements Engineering (VRE). In VRE requirements are linked to visual high-level models (called landscapes) of the system under design.
Requirements specified in ARCWAY Cockpit can be imported from and exported to MS Excel. A fully customizable MS Word, HTML and Docbook report interface allows for ad hoc reports of specific requirements or complete specification documents.
Tool Name: Avenqo PEP
Company Name: Avenqo GmbH
Web Address: http://www.avenqo.com
Avenqo PEP is an Application Life Cycle Management tool that combines Requirements Management features with Test Management and Bug Tracking. Avenqo PEP provides a unique information repository for all stakeholders.
This common approach guarantees full transparency and access to important project information for all team members – at any time and any place. Each stakeholder can get his own task-specific view onto these project information. Additionally, we have implemented some tools to support the communication between all stakeholders (e-mail based discussions, task management).
The feature list of Avenqo PEP includes:
Full featured Requirements Management including baselining, history and offlining,
Flexibly configurable regarding attribute schemes (Status, Priority etc.) and user permissions
Providing project templates as a basis for further customizations supporting agile, iterative and waterfall processes
User definable workflow management for requirements, test cases, bugs etc.
Rich text editor (HTML-based)
integration of a comprehensive reporting tool (BIRT) and providing several templates for impact, progress and coverage analysis
Exporting/Importing documents (Word, Excel, PDF, HTML, …)
Supporting test planning & execution including traceability
Avenqo PEP is currently offered as a free Community Edition and as a Professional Edition with enhanced features and support.
Tool Name: Axure RP
Company Name: Axure
Use Axure’s specification software to effectively document and communicate your designs with clients, colleagues, and stakeholders. Save time and money by instantly generating a customizable functional specification in Microsoft Word format.
Create Word templates with custom headers, footers, title page, and heading styles to meet your functional specification standards. Select from single or two column layouts. Configure the order of the screenshots, annotations, and page notes.
Then, click a button to generate your design specification any time and as many times as you update the design. Spend more time on your design and less time writing an SRS document.
Tool Name: Balsamiq Mockups
Company Name: Balsamiq
Web Address: https://balsamiq.com/
Balsamiq Mockups is a rapid wireframing tool that reproduces the experience of sketching on a whiteboard, but using your computer, so they’re easier to share, modify, and solicit honest feedback. Mockups look like sketches, so you won’t get distracted by little details, and can focus on what’s important instead.
Using Mockups feels like drawing, but because it’s digital, you can tweak and rearrange easily. Teams can come up with a design and iterate over it in real-time in the course of a meeting.
Product managers, designers, developers, and even clients can now work together in the same tool to quickly iterate over wireframes, before writing code.
You can download a fully-functioning trial version of Balsamiq Mockups.
You can start a free 30-day trial for myBalsamiq, our web app.
More information about our products.
More information about our company.
Tool Name: Bamboo’s Project Management Central
Company Name: Bamboo Solutions
Powerful, flexible project management software for SharePoint.
Project Management Central (PMC) simplifies all aspects of project management on SharePoint. By providing a central workspace for projects, PMC lets you:
Leverage powerful scheduling tools to plan your tasks for on-time delivery. Get a clear, uncomplicated, picture of your project plan when you add it directly to the intuitive Gantt chart or take advantage of MS Project integration.
Eliminate communication barriers and make it easy for teams to stay connected and accountable. Team members can intuitively report issues, share documents, and provide task updates.
Build efficiencies, encourage productivity, and help ensure that every project is a success.
Easily launch your projects using templates that enforce a consistent approach to planning, and deliver projects that align with best practices.
Key benefits of PMC:
Get Started Fast – An easy setup and intuitive interface make launching projects a snap.
SharePoint Powered – Security trimming beyond documents, so users only see what they need.
Smart Collaboration – Easily send messages, share documents, and spark discussions.
Track Results – Stay informed with SharePoint dashboards and notifications.
Free full featured trials are available for either download or in a hosted sandbox. Visit the product page linked above for more information and to see it in action!
Tool Name: Blueprint
Company Name: Blueprint Software Systems Inc.
Web Address: http://www.blueprintsys.com/company/contact_us/
Product URL: http://www.blueprintsys.com/products/
Blueprint is a complete cloud-based solution for collaborative requirements definition and management with support for the entire requirements lifecycle. Business Analysts author requirements in Blueprint using a broad range of visual editors, validate requirements using an online review and approve experience, collaborate continuously on requirements using an integrated set of social features, and manage requirements with custom requirement types and properties, fine grained versioning, and detailed traceability. Blueprint integrates with other lifecycle tools like HP ALM, including the automatic generation of tests. It is accessible using popular web-browsers, is easy to maintain, and highly scalable to support large distributed enterprise development teams.
Tool Name: BusinessOptix Web Author
Company Name: BusinessOptix
Web Address: http://www.businessoptix.com/
BusinessOptix is a cloud-based business modelling and process design platform that enables organisations to deliver enterprise change & transformation, connect strategy to execution, accelerate the pace of digital business, improve operational performance and reuse and monetise intellectual property.
- Enables organisations to create, collaborate, publish, manage and reuse models, processes, documents, data, knowledge and methods that are crucial to their initiatives. All in one place, and quicker and more effectively than ever before.
- Eliminates the traditional challenges of using separate business process/workflow, knowledge and document management, portal and office productivity tools. For example, BusinessOptix is able to create a model or process and capture contextual data and knowledge – ensuring that you do not need multiple repositories, applications or tools to store different sets of data related to the one initiative or project.
- Goes beyond adding structure and process by enabling users to add knowledge and publish this portals that all stakeholders can access..
Tool Name: CaliberRM
Company Name: Microfocus
CaliberRM is an enterprise requirements management system designed to facilitate collaboration, impact analysis, and communication in the definition and management of changing requirements. CaliberRM helps organizations Â– large, small, or distributed – effectively manage expectations across the lifecycle so that projects are delivered on time, within scope, and according to specification. Designed for ease of use, the intuitive interface and powerful decision support capabilities of CaliberRM help teams deliver on key project milestones with greater accuracy and predictability. CaliberRM also helps applications meet end-user needs by allowing all project stakeholders — marketing teams, analysts, developers, testers, and managers — to collaborate and communicate the voice of the customer throughout the lifecycle. Features include:
- Centralised repository – CaliberRM provides a central, secure repository for project requirements. By storing requirements in a common repository, the most current data is available to the people who need it, whenever they need it.
- Adaptable – CaliberRM is designed to bring speed and agility to the requirements process.Whether your process is highly structured or very agile, CaliberRM can be customized to support the way your teams work. It is easily customized directly through the GUI or by using helpful wizards; complex and/or proprietary scripting languages are not required.
- Requirements traceability across the lifecycle – CaliberRM has an open architecture that permits requirements to be linked to a variety of artifacts across the lifecycle.Whether it be a source code file or change request managed in Borland StarTeam, a test case or test set managed in Mercury interactive TestDirector, or a task from Microsoft Project, CaliberRM can link requirements to the appropriate artifacts.
- Impact analysis throughout the application lifecycle – Multiple methods of traceability visualization help users immediately understand the scope of analysis required to gauge the effect of a requirements change. Traces are easily created using drag and drop and can link assets in multiple systems.
- Online glossaries to standardise and define terminology – Glossaries can also be used to define ambiguous and untestable terms Â— words that donÂ’t belong in requirements. CaliberRM helps to refine requirements on the way in, so they don’t become costly defects in later stages.
- IMPROVE COLLABORATION – CaliberRM provides an enterprise repository that delivers simultaneous, secure, and live requirements data for all projects. Enjoy using the flexibility of rich-text formatting and embedded images and tables to express requirements in a way that makes the most sense for your organization.
- EXPAND YOUR VISION WITH DATAMART – CaliberRM Datamart is a powerful business intelligence solution that provides managers with dashboard-style reporting to measure, track, and analyze the efficiency and effectiveness of the requirements management process.
- MAKE MORE ACCURATE PREDICTIONS – CaliberRM ESTIMATE Professional includes powerful requirements-based estimation capabilities that help project managers plan project scope, schedule, and resources throughout the software development lifecycle with greater accuracy.
- ACCESS REQUIREMENTS FROM ANYWHERE – CaliberRM clients are architected to communicate efficiently via TCP/IP giving team members quick access to live requirements data from virtually anywhere, even with low bandwidth connections.
- REDUCE LEARNING CURVES WITH EASY-TO-USE GUI – CaliberRM makes it easier for stakeholders from many backgrounds to collaborate Â— increasing the amount of usable knowledge available for developers. In the event of staff turnover, CaliberRM makes it easier for new employees to get up to speed quickly, helping to reduce risks to the project schedule.
- RECEIVE NOTIFICATION OF IMPORTANT CHANGES – Immediate notification tied to changes of project requirements means responsible users wonÂ’t be surprised by changes that are not evident until later in the development cycle.
- FOCUS ON WHATÂ’S IMPORTANT – Prioritize requirements by sorting and filtering on cost, priority, or other key attributes within the spreadsheet views. Views can be created based on data collected to make the management of requirements easier.
- VIEW COMPREHENSIVE AUDIT TRAIL AND CHANGE HISTORY – Every change in CaliberRM is automatically audited. Each change creates a unique history record, highlighting the differences between one version of a requirement and another, including the reason for the change.
- LEVERAGING BASELINING TO MEASURE VOLATILITY – Since CaliberRM captures versions of each requirement, it also enables baselining – the versioning of a whole set of requirements with each requirement at its specific version. This baseline provides the capability to both electronically sign and view a snapshot of requirements at a point in time. By comparing baselines in a handy side-by-side report, users can immediately see where volatility, modifications, additions, and deletions have taken place.
This description is out of date, but Microfocus will not answer my requests to update it.
Tool Name: CASE Spec
Company Name: Goda Software, Inc.
Web Address: http://www.analysttool.com/
Product URL: http://www.casespec.net/
All the features you want at a price you can afford!
Now you can migrate from a Document-Centric Process to a Database-Centric Process easily and affordably!
CASE Spec provides the power of a word processor and a spreadsheet with database to effectively track requirements and specify systems. Its unique set of analysis and reporting tools makes it the most affordable, cutting-edge, lifecycle management application for software/systems development on the market today.
Summary of CASE Spec Features
Complete lifecycle management – Use CASE Spec to develop and release products while also capturing customers’ requirements, use cases, user stories, backlogs, test cases, bugs, and more for ongoing and post-release project management.
Interface with other tools – Easily interface with other lifecycle tools and automate import/export processes. Easily migrate from a document-centric lifecycle process to a database-centric process using the built-in import tools for Word, Excel, XML, and more.
Collaboration – Bring team members together from many locations with Web-enabled workflow and configuration management.
Specification – Specify systems with users’ stories, use cases, and lists of hierarchical requirements. Specifications can also include diagrams (use cases, activities, sequences, packages, state machines, classes, objects, components) and embedded objects (RTF fragments, such as formatted text, tables, and images).
Requirements Tracking – Enjoy the combined power of a word processor and a spreadsheet. Use Views/Attributes to easily track requirements, reporting, and management.
Traceability – Rely on award-winning analysis tools that provide visual and tabular traceability. A matrix displays the complex relationships between requirements and artifacts (user stories, use cases, design elements, test cases, issues, project documents). Automatically generate traceability, gap, and impact-analysis reports.
Change and configuration management – Simplify your development process with integrated automatic history tracking and baselining features for projects’ artifacts.
Document generation – Quickly and automatically generate specification documents and detailed reports.
Document management – Store project documents and files in the provided version control system (repository) for sharing, configuration management, and linking documents to requirements and other specifications.
System architecture – Enjoy these unique architectural features:
• A multi-tier, client-server architecture that is scalable from a single user to hundreds of users with optimal performance and scalability.
• A high-performance, embedded enterprise database is included. All the project data, documents, and other artifacts are stored in a single, centrally-controlled location.
Tool Name: CaseComplete
Company Name: Serlio Software
Web Address: http://www.casecomplete.com/
CaseComplete helps you gather, organize, and share use cases and requirements. The tool’s strength is its ease of use. Within minutes, you can install it, write a use case, and generate a clear, good-looking requirements document.
CaseComplete guides you through each step and lets you collaborate with your team to produce a complete and accurate set of requirements. With the click of a button, you can generate specs, test plans, project plans, and more.
A fully functional 30-day trial is available from the website.
Tool Name: codeBeamer Requirements Management (RM)
Company Name: Intland Software
Web Address: http://www.intland.com/
Product URL: http://www.intland.com/
codeBeamer is a web-based system for Requirements Management (RM) and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), supporting the complete software development lifecycle from requirements management through development and testing, all the way to release. Due to its organic integration, it provides a single pane of glass solution that offers end-to-end gapless traceability throughout the lifecycle.
By integrating Git, Mercurial, Subversion and Plastic SCM version control systems, and supporting the use and re-use of over 10,000 requirements, codeBeamer is one of the most progressive solutions amongst requirements management tools. In addition to its ReqIF support, it offers REST API and integration with Enterprise Architect, MATLAB Simulink, Atlassian JIRA, IBM DOORS, and a convenient round-trip feature with MS Office (Word, Excel) solutions.
codeBeamer supports geographically dispersed development by providing an advanced platform for collaboration, requirements management, process control, and quality assurance all in one tool. Overall, it brings higher transparency and efficiency at shortened release cycles, complete traceability, and facilitates compliance with various safety-critical standards and regulations.
codeBeamer’s requirements-related features & functions include:
- Strong and intuitive round-trip with MS Word and Excel
- Integrations: DOORS, JIRA, Enterprise Architect, MATLAB Simulink, ReqIF, REST API, etc.
- Gapless end-to-end traceability from requirements to release
- Highly customizable data structure & flexible requirements workflows
- Baselining for requirements freeze and audits
- Multi-level requirements structures; requirements re-use via libraries
- High performance even with an extreme number of requirements
- Integrated wiki and document management for easier collaboration
Tool Name: Cognition Cockpit
Company Name: Cognition Corporation
Web Address: http://cognition.us/contact
Product URL: http://cognition.us/cognition-cockpit
Cognition Cockpit is a web-based platform for online, guided compliance in regulated industries. The core of Cockpit is online templates; templates created by Cognition out of the box and templates created by you on the fly. These templates guide product development teams through the design controls and risk management processes for medical device compliance. Templates also guide users through Quality Risk Management activities for pharmaceutical products. A combination of both types of templates help combination products companies ensure rapid, audit proof compliance submissions.
Cognition Cockpit is available as a SaaS platform or self hosted. Cognition offers a full Validation Kit for companies who need to validate software used in the product development process. Cockpit manages Requirements, Risks, Tests, Workflow, CAPA, and complete traceability through the entire product development process and into post market.
Tool Name: Cradle Version 7.3
Company Name: 3SL (Structured Software Systems Ltd)
Web Address: http://www.threesl.com/
Cradle is a multi-user, multi-project, systems engineering environment that spans the entire systems and software development lifecycle. Building on an infinitely scalable, arbitrarily extensible, distributed and web-enabled repository, Cradle provides a suite of tools that integrate all project phases, activities and deliverables within a single, configuration managed, access controlled framework. You can tailor this framework to your projects, combining desktop tools such as Word and Excel, with your specialist engineering and project management tools and corporate PDM / EDM solution into a seamlessly managed whole that can be distributed site-wide, company-wide or project-wide using web and non-web technologies.
Cradle can be used as a web portal to all project information, as an integrated systems engineering environment or you can use just one of its component point tools. Cradle is modular, with tools built around a central Project Data Management module that provides powerful infrastructure capabilities.
Cradle provides a requirements capture facility that scans customer statements and extracts requirements, assumptions and/or domain knowledge, creating cross references back to the original document. When new versions of such documents are registered, Cradle finds the differences and provides an impact assessment. Cradle is fully integrated with Word, Excel and PDF, as well as other text formats.
Business, operating, user, system and derived requirements can be captured and evolved. Support tools identify duplication, omission and ambiguity, and conduct coverage analyses. Interactive Non Functional Requirement Graphs (NFRGs) and Hierarchy Diagrams graphically illustrate the linkage within and to/from requirements sets.
Requirements can be linked to a wide variety of UML, use case, functional, behavioural, dynamic and architectural models, grouped within multiple model domains. Requirements can be allocated to use cases, functions, business processes, operational sequences, which in turn can be allocated to functions, classes etc within components of equipments in multiple candidate architectures. Performance assessment and budget aggregation and apportionment within and across these architectures are fully supported, together with the means to develop these models to hardware and software, including the generation and reverse engineering of source code.
All project activities are defined within a project schema that identifies project phases, data types and rules, and links and rules. The Cradle multi-user, infinite-capacity, repository can manage any volume of any data, allowing requirements (and other item types) to contain text, figures, tables, graphics, audio and data of any type. Database items can link to data in external objects, URLs and data held in external databases, including corporate PDM / EDM solutions.
Cradle provides a user-definable metrics capability, to monitor and manage the evolving requirements sets, and data of all other types.
Cradle is fully web-based, providing RO and RW web access from customisable web front-ends. All tools support hierarchy and editable tables with user definable queries, views and forms. Web publishing to HTML, XML and SVG is provided.
Tool Name: Enterprise Architect
Company Name: Sparx Systems Pty Ltd
Web Address: http://www.sparxsystems.com/
Enterprise Architect is a visual platform for designing and constructing software systems, for business process modeling, and for more generalized modeling purposes.
To learn more about requirements management in Enterprise Architect, please review the following: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzYMhwd7v4c&t=341s
Enterprise Architect is a progressive tool that covers all aspects of the development cycle, providing full traceability from the initial design phase through to deployment, maintenance, testing and change control.
Sparx Systems is a global software company specializing in high performance, visual modeling platforms for planning, designing and constructing software-intensive systems. Sparx platforms are used by systems designers, corporate planners, business analysts, enterprise architects, standards developers and software engineers. Sparx modeling software is widely used in finance, defense, government, aerospace, automotive engineering, geospatial, entertainment, health, smart grid, aviation, retail and telecommunications. Over 80 per cent of Fortune 100 companies have licensed Sparx Systems flagship modeling platform
Tool Name: Gatherspace
Company Name: Gatherspace
Web Address: http://www.gatherspace.com/
Gatherspace.com is a powerful, yet simple online requirements management and use case tool for centralizing, modeling and sharing software requirements..
Built for the developer, the business analyst, the project manager, and the owner, you will easily and quickly build and share your requirements database and produce meaningful reports. It’s key features are:
- This is a non-installable software where 100% of the functionality is online
- The site allows the organisation of features, requirementss and use cases, and provides real useable artifacts with the help of a “To Do” list
- The site evolves based on the needs of the users
- The tool is free and will remain so in the foreseeable future
Tool Name: HP Quality Center 9.2
Company Name: Hewlett Packard
Web Address: http://www.hp.com/software
HP Quality Center is an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) solution which delivers fully integrated requirements management, test management and defect management functionality, allowing customers to manage and trace requirements across the complete application lifecycle. As a module within HP Quality Center, HP’s Requirements Management (RM) offering is designed to be an easy-to-use robust tool which helps stakeholders maximize the likelihood that an application development project will deliver the functionality required by the business. In addition to capabilities such as: standardized requirement types, three-way traceability (requirements, tests and defects) andMS Excel / Word import, other Quality Center and Requirements Management features include:
- Flexibility – multiple requirement types can be organised in one hierarchy and requirements can be customised according to projects – allowing equal focus for both functional and non-functional requirements
- Traceability – requirements can be linked to other requirements, test cases and to defects in one centralised location, helping to reduce the cost of ownership, provide full visibility across the lifecycle of an application and streamline the development process
- Impact Analysis – RM provides the ability to understand the impact of changing requirements across business silos and helps to determine where testing efforts should be focused prior to moving forward with development
- Release & Cycle Management – requirements can be organised according to release and development cycles enabling organisations to better determine and compare the level of quality and operational readiness associated with each release
- Risk Based Quality Management – project requirements can be categorised according to both business risk and criticality focusing teams on important deliverables. This allows the business to instil rigor in their processes and ensure that testing efforts are concentrated according to both business and IT need
- Program Management – by leveraging other applications within HP’s Business Technology Optimisation (BTO) Suite, users can manage multiple elements of a development project from resource availability through to task and time management
HP Quality Center is an enterprise-ready solution whose native capabilities are growing with each release. In addition, our open APIs allow us to enrich our solution through integrations and ensure that HP proactively supports the complex eco-system of processes, tools and applications that our customers need to manage. Indeed, industry analysts argue that HP’s Quality Center is already a disruptive force in the marketplace and will continue to be an even stronger alternative to incumbent requirements management offerings.
Tool Name: IBM Rational DOORS
Company Name: IBM
Web Address: http://www-01.ibm.com/software/rational
Product URL: http://www-01.ibm.com/software/awdtools/doors/
IBM® Rational® DOORS® software is the market leading requirements management application that can help you reduce costs, increase efficiency and improve quality by enabling you to optimize requirements communication, collaboration and verification — throughout your organization and across your supply chain.
IBM Rational DOORS contains proven capabilities that can help increase quality and efficiency by optimizing requirements communication and collaboration. Rational DOORS, a scalable solution for managing project scope and cost, helps your projects meet business goals, satisfy customer needs, and address applicable regulations and standards.
- Provides a comprehensive requirements management environment
- Actively engaging all stakeholders in a collaborative requirements process by providing web browser access to the requirements database and integration to requirements definition capabilities
- Manages changes to requirements with either a simple pre-defined change proposal system or a more thorough, customizable change control workflow through integration to Rational’s change management solutions.
- Supports the Requirements Interchange Format, which enables suppliers and development partners to be directly involved in the development process
- Links requirements to design items, test plans, test cases and other requirements for easy and powerful traceability
- Scales to address your changing requirements management needs
- Enables informal requirements discussions with DOORS Discussions
- Supports the Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration (OSLC) specifications for requirements management, change management and quality management which provides a generic and open way to integrate systems and software lifecycle tools.
- Integrations include Rational change management solutions, Rational Rhapsody, Rational Quality Manager, Rational Focal Point, Rational System Architect, Rational Software Architect (through partner), Rational Requirements Composer and many third-party tools, to provide a comprehensive traceability solution
IBM® Rational® DOORS® Web Access enables stakeholders, including business managers, development, QA, customers, and suppliers, to easily create, elaborate and validate requirements within a web browser. This can help avoid errors early in the development lifecycle and reduce project costs.
- Allows stakeholders to contribute new requirements, analyze or elaborate on existing requirements, and validate a specification directly from their Web browser
- Enables development teams to create bi-directional traceability for impact analysis and traceability compliance
- Keeps geographically distributed teams up to date with the latest project requirements information
- Promotes collaboration among business users, marketing, suppliers, systems engineers and business analysts through requirements discussions
- Provides fast and easy deployment to your user community – no software installation is required, all you need is a Web browser
- Improves scalability by increasing the number of concurrent users on a single requirements repository.
Tool Name: IBM Rational Requirements Composer
Company Name: IBM
Web Address: http://www.ibm.com/
Product URL: http://www.ibm.com/software/awdtools/rrc/
IBM Rational Requirements Composer supports requirements definition and requirements management using a collaborative approach, enabling stakeholders and IT teams anywhere in the world to provide input, get clarity, achieve consensus faster, and adapt to changes quickly.
IBM Rational Requirements Composer empowers teams to define, manage, and report on requirements throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Engage a wide range of globally distributed customers and other stakeholders in a requirements driven development process.
- Use intuitive online rich documents, storyboards, process diagrams, use cases, and other visual techniques to capture customer needs and drive your business.
- Analyze, organize and manage requirements and their changes efficiently using attributes, collections, tags, filters, in dynamic information views or use out-of-the-box templates and custom reports to understand a project’s position (including requirement specification, audit history, traceability report).
- Encourage group collaboration across development projects combining team expertise to improve clarity and accuracy in requirements for stakeholders, developers, managers, etc.
- Move beyond office documents, spreadsheets, work items, or note cards to express and manage requirements.
- Bring agility, customer focus and predictability with light-weight requirements practices.
- Exposes requirement and development gaps or change impact using traceability which provides visibility across requirements to implementation and test.
- Reuse requirements artifacts across an enterprise or program.
- Align requirements, development, change management, and quality management activities through Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) by relating requirements from Requirements Composer to work items in IBM Rational Team Concert, and tests in IBM Rational Quality Manager.
- Where teams are capturing, organizing, and planning requirements in a work item backlog, elaborate these work items with visual and textual notations to accelerate communication with and commitment from the customer or product owner.
- Rational Requirements Composer delivers a powerful combination of definition, management, traceability, templates, history, review and approval, task management, planning, shared filters and views, customizable dashboard, reporting and shared viewlets with Team Concert and Quality Manager capability using your favorite Web browser.
Tool Name: IBM Rational RequisitePro
Company Name: IBM
Web Address: http://www.ibm.com/
Product URL: http://www.ibm.com/software/awdtools/reqpro/
IBM Rational RequisitePro provides requirements management, traceability, and impact analysis capabilities for project teams, primarily suited to organizations creating application software. See IBM Rational Requirements Composer to see the ‘next generation RequisitePro’.
IBM Rational RequisitePro helps project teams to manage their requirements, to write good use cases, to improve traceability, to strengthen collaboration, to reduce project rework, and to increase quality.
- Avoid rework and duplication using advanced, real-time integration with Microsoft® Word
- Manage complexity with detailed traceability views that display parent/child relationships
- Mitigate project risk with display of requirements that may be affected by upstream or downstream changes of requirements
- Achieve collaboration for geographically distributed teams through fully functional, scalable Web interface and discussion threads
- Capture and analyze requirements information with detailed attribute customization and filtering
- Improve productivity by tracking changes using project version comparisons with XML-based project baselines
- Align business goals and objectives with project deliverables though integration with multiple tools in the IBM Rational software development and delivery platform
Tool Name: IdeaShare
Company Name: OpenCrowd
Web Address: http://ideashare.opencrowd.com/
Product URL: http://ideashare.opencrowd.com/
IdeaShare enables soliciting and harvesting of ideas, suggestions, and feedback to improve products and services. IdeaShare’s collaboration-centric features empower users to create, evolve, and ranking ideas. Organizations can crowd-source ideas from their communities of customers, partners, or employees. IdeaShare’s novel approach to idea management is simpler, faster, and produces better results.
Key features include:
- Community of ideas contributors
- Idea ranking, voting, following, and tracking
- User tagging, filtering, and document attachments
- Idea discussions and real-time workshops
- Full text search of content
- Mobile access
Tool Name: Innoslate
Company Name: SPEC Innovations
Web Address: https://www.innoslate.com/requirements-management/
Product URL: https://www.innoslate.com/requirements-management/
Innoslate combines systems engineering software with requirements management, requirements analysis, and collaboration tools; all within one solution at an affordable price.
It has never been easier to develop, capture, analyze, and manage requirements with your project team members.
Innoslate provides the first systems engineering tool on the cloud that supports the full lifecycle from requirements definition and management to operations and support.
Innoslate meets and exceeds the baseline INCOSE requirements management standard.
- Requirements View – Automatically suggested numbering on entity creation, automatically generated hierarchical relationships, filtering on entity class and labels, hierarchical display with collapsible sections, inline entity editing, gap analysis indicators, and more.
- Requirements Capture – Author requirements right in your browser and automated requirements data migration from IBM Rational DOORS, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Traceability – Requirements are traced directly to functional and physical elements of a system model, source documents, test plans and other requirements, automatically generated relationships. View the traceability through Hierarchy Chart or a Traceability Spider Diagram.
- Requirements Analysis – Automatically generates a quality score for the requirements. Built-in quality indicator attributes improve each requirement.
- Baselining – Allows you the ability to baseline a document, visualize what has changed since the last baseline and view previous baselined versions of a document. With baselining and Innoslate’s version control system, every change, update, or modification to a requirement is recorded.
- Collaboration – Share projects/documents, leave a comment for your team members, or chat with them in the live chat feature. Keep your whole team working on the same version of your project’s requirements with one centralized copy of your requirements document in Innoslate.
- Automated Reports – Create reports for verification, validation, and traceability.
- Public Cloud Version – Access your Innoslate project securely via this website anytime from anywhere with a modern web browser and an internet connection.
- On-Site Versions – Host Innoslate at your location on your server behind your firewall or completely removed from the internet.
- Access on any Device – Runs on any device (Mac, PC, iPad, Android) in any modern web browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Microsoft Internet Explorer 10+) with no installation required.
Tool Name: inteGREAT
Company Name: eDev Technologies Inc.
Web Address: http://www.edevtech.com/
inteGREAT is a Requirements Definition and Test Automation platform built around a Knowledge Base. Capturing Requirements as Knowledge leads to many benefits for a project team.
InteGREAT supports the widest scope of Requirements Dimensions in the industry. inteGREAT can be used to develop business, user and system requirements including Goal, Risk, Mitigation, Glossary, Stakeholders, Functional and Non-functional Requirements, Business Rules, Constraints, and Assumptions, Process, Use Case, Data Requirements, Reporting Requirements, Actors, Events and System/Network context of deployment & integration. Traceability is maintained between all objects across all dimensions.
Based on the Knowledge captured, inteGREAT automates the production of well over 30 standard diagrams and documents, normally produced and managed manually by project teams. These include Detailed Use Case documents, Traceability Matrices and 3 types of Test Case documents.
inteGREAT also facilitates RE-USE of knowledge specifications, not only within projects, but also across projects and Enterprise wide, ensuring consistency and standardization.
inteGREAT leverages industry leading products for Requirements and Test Management (HP Quality Center and Microsoft TFS), and Collaboration & Workflow Management via SharePoint as the application servers.
Tool Name: iRise
Company Name: iRise
Web Address: http://www.irise.com/
iRise is the worldÂ’s first solution used by business people to quickly assemble a working preview of business systems. iRise simulations let business people, end users and developers interact with critical business systems before development. The visual representation of the application looks and behaves like the real thing, including data interactions and business logic, so everyone literally gets on the same page. iRise simulations are interactive, unambiguous blueprints for what to build, eliminating expensive change orders, bringing projects to market on time and ensuring the final result will be adopted by end users. The iRise family of products includes:
- iRise Studio – iRise Studio is a powerful, easy-to- use application definition solution used by business experts to quickly assemble functionally rich simulations of Web-based applications in a matter of hours. iRise Studio is used for new custom applications, portals, enhancements to existing systems and Web-based front-ends to packaged software. Business people can quickly lay out the page flow of simulations and create high fidelity pages that precisely mimic not only the look and feel of the final application, but the business logic and data interactions as well.
- iRise iDoc – Stakeholders can have fun with application simulations that encourage dialog, drive consensus and quickly iterate to specifications that act as visual blueprints for what to build. Business analysts publish simulations as interactive definition documents, or iDocs, then present them to stakeholders for review. Rather than pages and pages of text and screen shots, stakeholders now have an interactive, functionally rich preview of how the final application will look and behave. They can test drive the simulation as if it were the real thing. Walkthrough notes help guide the review process and feedback comments can be sent to the business analyst with the click of a button.
- iRise Reader – Using iRise Reader, anyone anywhere in the world can interact with a functionally rich iRise 5 simulation by opening a self-contained iDoc. The iRise Reader client software, which includes a sample iDoc, is available for free via https://irise-reader.subscribenet.com/control/irir/signup
Tool Name: Jama
Company Name: Jama Software, Inc.
Web Address: http://www.jamasoftware.com/
Modernize Your Requirements Management With Jama
Jama is software for better, faster requirements definition, management, verification and validation, from inception to production. Systems engineering teams developing life and economy-critical products use Jama to innovate against the constraints of highly complex environments and release with confidence.
- Remove the overhead of requirements reviews.
- Shorten the time between milestones.
- Mitigate risk and maintain traceability evidence.
- Visualize connections between regulations, requirements and test cases.
Author requirements and create cross-team review groups with a sophisticated requirements management solution that removes the overhead of preparing content for a review.
- Prioritize requirements validation, problem statements, engineering responses, negotiation and reviews.
- Share robust, contextual information about your specs.
- Orchestrate work across multiple teams delivering a single complex product.
Shorten milestone phases, improve efficiency, identify risk and find opportunities to innovate with purposeful collaboration.
- Coordinate stakeholders, engineers, partners, data, conversations and decisions.
- Unlock valuable product information from documents and email.
- Store work in progress and archives in the same place for ongoing iteration, real-time reporting and clarity across the organization.
Validation, Verification and Test
Maintain traceability evidence with Jama’s requirements management solution to visually confirm every requirement, system and component spec has been
- Configure and customize your traceability structure.
- Create, maintain and relate test cases, and validate and verify product specs in one place.
- Create relationships between, and manage the configuration of, engineering design and requirements.
Easily show connections between requirements, specifications and tests, as well as related changes and discussions, so teams can see the impact and
validation of changes.
- Visualize relationship rules and understand the impact of upstream changes.
- Identify gaps in test coverage and flag suspect links.
- Capture decisions, answer questions and resolve issues transparently and responsively.
Jama requirements management software lets you structure product variants from requirements for accelerated new product development.
- Easily define and manage alternative data in parallel, and compare versions.
- Develop branch releases and variants simultaneously.
- Reuse entire IP blocks, or update specs, across product lines.
- Create a searchable, centralized IP library.
To see Jama, check out the product overview video.
Tool Name: Justinmind Prototyper
Company Name: Justinmind
Web Address: http://www.justinmind.com/
Wireframes and mockups have been used to think and define websites or applications before their implementation. But with the coming of the web 2.0, dynamic websites or RIA, you need to think everything from UI to conditional navigation or the type of interactions you want to use. But mockups or even clickable wireframes aren´t enough.
Justinmind Prototyper 4.0 is a powerful wireframing tool designed to build fully functional dynamic prototypes without any coding.
At first glance, Justinmind Prototyper looks really powerful. It lets you create Rich Interactive Application prototypes. You can also integrate real data and simulate their behaviours through datamasters and datagrids. Ultimately, it simulates real conditional navigation (i.e. functional login pages).
OK, so “powerful” is one thing, but is it easy? Well basically, everything is done through drag and drop. From creating mockups to adding interaction and datas, Justinmind is incredibly easy to use. Easy as Powerpoint, the desktop application comes with a wide range of reusable templates, masters and widgets (sketching or mobile widgets). You can also drag and drop images and elements (videos, flash…) straight from your computer or any other application like Photoshop or Illustrator. You can also create your own interactions by simply drag & dropping events on elements. Even conditions and data are added using drag&drop, no coding is involved. You can build a dynamic website literally in minutes, and to test, you don´t need to export it all as it provides an instant simulation button.
But Justinmind is not just a quick and high-fidelity wireframing software. It also allows to test, comment and validate prototypes. You can add and attach requirements directly to elements or export them. Once you´ ve commented the prototypes, you can generate your own customised specification documentation (.doc) with webpage images, diagrams, navigation flows, requirements and comments.
Tool Name: Leap SE
Company Name: Leap Systems
Web Address: http://www.leapse.com/
Leap SE is an advanced requirements engineering CASE tool that produces object-oriented models directly from a system requirements repository or specification (SRS). By translating English into logical models for software development, Leap SE achieves RAD from the source, dramatically shortening the systems analysis phase of software projects. Project managers can reduce their systems engineering staffing needs with Leap SE, while promoting the development of quality requirements. Twenty-two templates and a Requirement Builder are provided for fast and flexible composition. Every time a new requirement is saved, Leap SE’s object model database is updated to reflect the new entities, relationships, attributes and methods. From this database, a directory of header files can be generated at any time to give software engineering a much-needed head start on design. Moreover, it’s just one small step to importing these header files into a reverse-engineering CASE tool to quickly produce a host of class diagrams. Leap SE is fully integrated with MS Access. Data model output, in the form of SQL, can be run in the RDBMS to produce entity-relationship diagrams, tables, and relationships complete with referential integrity.
Tool Name: LiteRM
Company Name: ClearSpecs Enterprises
Web Address: http://www.literm.com/
LiteRM is a lightweight requirements manager that:
- stores a rich assortment of information
- provides the core capabilities of heavyweight RMs
- is easy to learn, tailor, and use
- costs $39.50 + 50.00
More details are available on the website.
Tool Name: Lotus Notes
Company Name: Lotus Software from IBM
Web Address: http://www.ibm.com/
Product URL: http://www-01.ibm.com/software/lotus/products/notes/
Notes is not a requirements tool as such, but is very effective place to store requirements specifications. Set up a new Notes database for each specification, and give access to all the stakeholders. Use DocLinks to link to documents that have some relation to your specification – interview notes, meeting minutes. Attach the function point counts to the requirements, then link each of them to the appropriate design documents. Release 5 now includes a bookmark bar that creates quick links to frequently needed information and support for a universal Internet mailbox – whether they’re on a Lotus Domino server or hosted by an Internet Service Provider (ISP).
Tool Name: Lucidchart
Company Name: Lucid Software, Inc.
Web Address: https://www.lucidchart.com/
Product URL: https://www.lucidchart.com/documents/demo/
Lucidchart is an online diagramming tool (SaaS) for creating flowcharts, mind maps, org charts, Venn diagrams, and more. Lucidchart also supports libraries for designing software and service architecture, including UML diagrams, entity-relationship diagrams (both conceptual and physical), and network diagrams. Lucidchart supports AWS 2.0 shapes and allows you to import any additional libraries you might need in the form of Visio stencil files (.vss/.vsx).
Lucidchart is deeply integrated with many enterprise-level platforms including JIRA, Confluence, Box, Microsoft Office 2013, Jive, and Gemini. Lucidchart is also integrated with Google Apps and Google Drive.
Lucidchart allows you to collaborate seamlessly with Microsoft Visio users. Users can import any Visio file and export documents to Visio formats.type. As mentioned previously, Lucidchart also supports Visio stencils, so if we don’t have the library you are looking for, you can import it.
Collaboration and Sharing
We offer many options for collaborative learning and sharing, including:
- Real-time collaboration with multiple users on the same document
- In-editor chat / commenting
- Publish documents as a web page, online PDF, or community template
- Export as PDF, image, or Visio file
- Share with your social networks
Lucidchart offers a free 14-day trial without any credit card information needed.
Tool Name: MockupScreens v1.41
Company Name: MockupScreens
Web Address: http://mockupscreens.com/
Igor Jese has released new version of MockupScreens, a rapid screen prototyping tool which enables you to quickly and easily create screen mockups of your application and organize them in scenarios. MockupScreens main design goals are ease of use and productivity. New version is available for free download.
With MockupScreens you can create screens, add screen elements (buttons, text fields, grids, etc) and populate them with data, and finally organize screens in scenarios and export them to images. In addition to common screen elements (buttons, fields, lists, etc) you can define multiple elements at once (e.g. textfield with label, etc). Mockups purposefully avoid the possibility to be mistaken for the real application screens. MockupScreens productivity features include intuitive interface, consistent keyboard shortcuts, context sensitive help, creating new screens from existing ones and changing the type of screen elements at will.
Evaluation copy and screenshots are available on the web site. Registration key is available on demand.
Tool Name: Modelio SA
Company Name: Modeliosoft
Modelio (www.modeliosoft.com) is an extensible modeling tool (UML, BPMN, ArchiMate etc.) that also supports requirement analysis.
Its originality is that it integrates in the same repository requirement analysis and modeling. Requirements are part of the model. In addition to having a classical
spreadsheet edition capacity, there is a graphical modeling capacity (using the OMG/SysML standard notation). As model elements, requirements can be
mixed with other modeling diagrams, typically to show traceability or other dependencies between these elements.
Using dedicated document templates, produced documents can combine the requirements documentation, and model aspects such as class models, Use Case
models, or other models describing the scope of a project, and produce traceability matrices.
- Graphical requirement modeling, compliant with the SysML standard
- Spreadsheet editors for requirement
- Traceability management between requirements and other models (UML, BPMN…)
- Definition of requirements in MS-Word
- Model creation wizards
- Modification impact analysis: Automated construction of impact analysis diagrams
- Pre-defined set of requirement properties providing an on-the-shelf requirement analysis approach
- Customization of requirement properties to your approach.
- Dedicated documentation generation, with the possibility of combining documentation with other model/template parts (use cases, analysis models …) and including traceability matrixes.
Tool Name: Modelio Web Analyst
Company Name: Modeliosoft
Web Address: http://www.modelio-webanalyst.com/en/
Modelio / Web Analyst technology gives you access to your requirements from anywhere and using a broad range of tools. Web Analyst is a light client interface that allows you to manage requirements from any web browser. They can also be viewed with the Modelio (www.modeliosoft.com) tool, which incorporates the requirements into its modelling capabilities and maintains complete traceability. Reverse generation services also allow you to access your requirements from Microsoft Word and Excel. Web Analyst includes a teamwork management tool that helps teams cooperate and handle versioning and helps project managers manage projects, roles and stakeholders.
- Document Generation (Word, HTML, …)
- Setting : step, documents
- Traceability management
- Excel Import/Export
- Web Access
- Document portal
- Managing users, roles and rights
- Version Management
- Tool customization mechanisms
- Interoperability (Doors, ReqIf, …)
- Multi-Projects, Organizations Federations
- Support of “Vision” (Goals, Risks, Dictionary, Business Rules)
- Integrated models (UML, BPMN, SysML, TOGAF, Archimate, …)
- Comprehensive traceability and impact analysis
Tool Name: MooD Technology
Company Name: The Salamander Organization Limited
Web Address: http://www.tsorg.com/
Salamander’s MooD technology is the leading software platform for Enterprise Performance Governance. Through Salamander’s track record as a software innovator that has stayed close to the needs of its customers and partners, MooD has been able to establish the market for architecture-driven business solutions that support common understanding and decision effectiveness in complex environments.
Gartner, Ovum, Butler and Forrester have all recognised MooD as a significant force in architecture enabled software, fully supporting MODAF, certified by TOGAF, and used by a growing number of global businesses as the basis of solutions for technology audit and architecture, business architecture, business value management, devolved operational governance and decision effectiveness. It is the sole tool in the ‘Innovator’ quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant, due to its approach to translating EA into business value and presenting that in meaningful ways for specific audiences.
MooD comprises two main components, MooD Business Architect and MooD Active Enterprise. Business Architect is the name of the product used by individuals and teams of architects, systems engineers, analysts and other professionals to build, configure and maintain architectural enabled solutions.
MooD solutions are deployed using an advanced server based environment known as MooD Active Enterprise. Active Enterprise is used to provide the following discrete functions:
- Data Management: a technically novel and deeply configurable meta model, with associated query language, that allows the interplay of architecture framework and metrics framework
- Data Synchronisation: the ability to synchronise and exchange operational and planning data from familiar Office documents or enterprise systems through simple mappings configured through Business Architect
- Deployment and Presentation: a distinctive ‘panels’ technology that allows a ‘model canvas’ configured in Business Architect to be exploited as a functionally rich user interface into an architecture driven business solution, giving an unprecedented flexibility and quality of user experience and the possibility of support for processes that stretch beyond architecture and analysis and into the management of change within a business
“By addressing the business need for improved accountability over major strategic and planning decisions through the use of MooD Solutions that are developed in conjunction with its customers and partners, Butler Group believes Salamander differentiates itself well from most other vendors whose focus usually lies either in modelling or analytics.”
Tool Name: objectiF RPM
Company Name: microTOOL GmbH
Web Address: https://www.microtool.de/en/
Product URL: https://www.microtool.de/en/products/objectif-rpm/
The success of projects in software and product development hinges on a number of things: well-founded Requirements Engineering, requirements-based Project Planning, secure and reliable Versioning, Traceability of results as well as company-wide Resource Management and Controlling. For all this, objectiF RPM is the tool. It supports you on your way to products that correspond precisely to requirements.
With objectiF RPM you can:
- achieve your goals quickly and easily with the help of patterns.
- take an agile approach and get a grip on complexity.
- reduce complexity of your development processes and as a business analyst employ exhaustive requirements engineering.
- visualize interdependencies in your projects and as a systems architect eliminate irrelevant aspects from the outset.
- make decisions based on up-to-date information and as a project manager control projects based on requirements in real-time.
- make full use of traceability by retracing test case coverage or correlations between requirements and systems at any time.
Tool Name: Objectiver
Company Name: Respect-IT
Web Address: http://www.objectiver.com/
Objectiver has been designed by RE practitioners to enable real requirements engineering. The tool relies on Kaos, a goal driven methodology and enables users to have a global overview on the system and a systematic link between all the models representing the system. Analysts have the possibility to draw diagrams and to define concepts (like goals, requirements, agent, entities, events, relationships, actions,…) and relationships over those concepts (like refinement, conflict, operationalisation, responsibility, capability, performance, specialisation, causes and so on). Diagrams can be explained with text documents including references to concepts elicited in the diagrams. All these pieces of information can then be put together to generate a requirements document compliant with predefined standards. Key advantages of Objectiver are the following :
- it enables analysts to elicit and specify requirements in a systematic way,
- it produces well structured, self-contained, motivated, easily understandable, standard requirements documents,
- it provides highly effective way to communicate about the requirements,
- it ensures traceability from requirements to goals and from high-level, coarse-grained behavioural specifications to requirements.
Objectiver is also very easy to understand and can be used by anyone, because it is packaged with a web generation tool that permits to share your processes, goals, and so on with all the employees to the organization. Its main features are:
- Automatic generation of RFQ/RFP
- Goal driven requirements analysis
- Multiple views on documents with easy navigation
- Completeness and consistency checks
- Traceability inside models, source, output documents
Tool Name: OneDesk
Company Name: OneDesk Inc.
Web Address: http://www.onedesk.com/
OneDesk is web-based on-demand requirements software. This easy-to-use software, aimed as small to enterprise-sized businesses, also incorporates customer feedback management, project portfolio management, and social business collaboration aspects such as discussion forums, blogs, chat, idea voting, and more. With these, businesses can efficiently communicate with their customers, and get their products to market quickly.
OneDesk simplifies the requirements management process
Whether you are developing a product or delivering a service, FeatureSet puts you in control of your requirements. The requirements management, capturing, analysis and elaboration processes have never been easier.
OneDesk’s requirements management capabilities allows you to:
- Easily generate product or service requirements from customer ideas, support issues, feedback. and business goals.
- Connect the entire team as well as the customer to make sure you are gathering accurate and complete requirements. Capture feedback and requirements from customers, partners, market research or other stakeholders.
- Quickly transition from the information gathering stage to the execution stage. Link requirements to tasks; schedule and assign them to team members.
- Create connections between both the organization team members and the customers to make sure you are gathering accurate and complete requirements.
- Reduce the risk of customer needs falling through the cracks, by tracking and linking all relevant data; establish dependencies between upstream and downstream requirements, as well as link to the origin of the requirement.
- View any requirement’s history and see how it evolved over time, and what changes were made.
- View cost / revenue information, and request a work or cost estimate from a team member.
- Analyze your requirements and score them across multiple metrics. Choose to make decisions based on the most profitable ideas, the most popular ones, the ones that will satisfy more customers, or based on your business goals. This gives you the decision support you need to make difficult trade-offs.
OneDesk’s requirements prioritization / analysis tools:
- Allow you to make product decisions based on quantifiable, objective information rather than simply responding to the loudest voice.
- Cost benefit analysis allows you to balance off the costs of implementing a requirement with an estimate of the revenue that awaits you if you do. Focus on the most profitable requirements, top-line revenue, or highest return on invested dollar.
- Customer satisfaction analysis calculates the number of customer requirements you are satisfying, weighted by their priority.
- Strategic alignment analysis allows you to drive value to enterprise initiatives, by visualizing the alignment or disconnect of product roadmaps with business strategies and goals. Examples include targeting a specific market segment, or closing the feature-gap with a named competitor.
- Popularity Analysis uses the results of the community voting to rank a requirement. Quickly discover the most popular idea, most controversial, etc.
- A Global Score for each requirement delivers a rolled up ranking based on the relative weightings you assign to each of the 4 analyses.
Tool Name: Optimal Trace
Company Name: Micro Focus
Web Address: http://www.powertest.com/software-requirements-definition-management-micro-focus-optimal-trace.html
Optimal Trace Enterprise Edition is a powerful requirements capture & management solution that facilitates collaboration between business and technical teams in the gathering and management of changing requirements throughout the software development life cycle.
Using Optimal Trace to define, document, communicate, test and manage requirements throughout the application life cycle assures the delivery of a high-quality project that fulfills business specifications, on time and within budget, and makes Optimal Trace Enterprise a key strategic solution for maximizing the business value of software projects.
Define Optimal Traceâ€™s interface is designed to prompt and speed the capture of clear and complete requirements. Its ease of use ensures non-technical users collaborate from the start. The automatic flow diagrams enable easy visualization of interdependencies and impacts. Users can customize their interaction to suit corporate processes whether structured or agile. The project glossary establishes a set of standard defined terms and phases to avoid ambiguity and costly defects.
DocumentCommunication is easy with Optimal Trace’s automated document generation and a selection of pre-canned templates that are fully customizable to your company—specific standards and processes to ensure a high-quality finish. Multiple formats mean all stakeholders can communicate in a way that suits each best (Word, Excel, html). Edits can be easily reversed back into the main project to keep the repository and the document in sync. Complete projects can be exported to Microsoft Project, CSV files or other formats.
CollaborateOptimal Trace, the ultimate collaboration tool, provides a central secure repository for all project requirements and artifacts so the most current data is always available for live work or uploading for remote usage. Multiple users can work concurrently online and make real-time edits on the same project. Using Optimal Trace off line to capture users’ scenarios live on-site helps users see the project structure emerge. This functionality builds confidence and drives consensus and approval. The baseline capability facilitates review and final sign-off and also allows easy visibility of additions, deletions and amendments.
ValidateAutomated test case generation verifies original requirement specifications and ensures defects are caught early, cutting rework costs, minimizing risk and resulting in a higher-quality application. Traceability from requirements ensures full test coverage for both functional and non-functional requirements. Quality test documentation and reports provides an audit trail and assures regulatory compliance. Integrations with leading test and design tools (such as UML) provides for seamless population of full project data.
Manage All stakeholders can manage and track what is happening in the project in real time. A full history of changes is maintained facilitating project accountability including the ability to set up notifications for automatic e-mail alerts when changes to a particular element take place. Full traceability enables tracing to all dependent elements, and automatic suspect links alert users to the impact of a requirements change. Customized views, sophisticated pre-canned and fully customizable reports, and complex queries allow the project data to be exploited fully and take project definition and impact analysis to a new level.
Tool Name: Polarion REQUIREMENTS
Company Name: Polarion Software
Web Address: http://www.polarion.com
Complete Requirements Management Solution
Polarion REQUIREMENTS is designed from the ground for highly effective, transparent and secure collaboration, while teams have the option to work in their familiar environments.
Immediate Benefits and Value
- Accelerate collaboration with 100% browser-based access and concurrent editing of specification documents
- Easily Import and parse existing Microsoft Office documents.
- Export for offline collaboration so changes made outside of Polarion can be imported back seamlessly
- Pass any audit, compliance, or regulatory inspection with traceability that is easily implemented and guaranteed via automatic change control
- Invite and require stakeholders to electronically sign the specification documents as reviewed or approved before they can be released to production
- Live Branches and Document Reuse let you manage commonalities in your products without copy and paste
Collaboration, Traceability and Workflow – 3 core principles built into our DNA
- Facilitate synchronicity and easy access via 100% Browser-Based Access to All Polarion Data.
- Enable real-time communication between Analysts, Engineers, QA Members and DevOps Teams etc. via threaded discussions, wikis, notifications, alerts & more.
- Pass any audit, compliance, or regulatory inspection with traceability that is easily implemented and guaranteed via automatic change control of every requirement.
- Manage work items and documents via workflows that enforce how and when they move from state to state based on definable rules, with full audit trails, electronic signature and security.
- Time Machine – Browse, search and report any historical state of your project just like you do the current state.
- Use Native Clustering For Load Balancing and Failover Strategies.
- Leverage Out-Of-The-Box Integrations and Open APIs to Extend Functionality.
An exclusive innovation you won’t find elsewhere, Polarion LiveDoc™ – online structured specification documents, are fast becoming the way companies of all sizes gather, author, approve, validate, and manage requirements.
Grow into Polarion’s Test Management and/or enterprise ALM solutions that seamlessly tie in with your requirements data. Just add licenses to your installation… nothing to install or integrate.
Tool Name: Poseidon for UML Community Edition 8.0
Company Name: Gentleware
Web Address: http://www.gentleware.com/index.php
Poseidon for UML is a popular, fully-fledged UML CASE tool. It evolved from the open-source project ArgoUML and has turned it into a world-class modelling tool. Today, it has the fastest growing user community and is famous for its superior usability. Poseidon for UML is delivered in several editions to meet the needs of different users:
- Community Edition – Perfect for students, beginners, and other non-commercial users, this free edition is the ideal introduction to UML, complete with Java forward engineering.
- Standard Edition – Aimed at analysts, this edition makes quick and easy work of designing and documenting models with Java reverse engineering, UMLdoc, and plug-in extensions.
- Professional Edition – Developers will find a full suite of powerful features such as an Eclipse integration, Java roundtrip engineering, and code generation for many other languages.
- Enterprise Edition – Teams of developers can use real-time collaboration functions and versioning coupled with standalone Java roundtrip engineering to develop software across the room or across the globe.
- Embedded Enterprise Edition – Embedded system developers can use the team capabilities of the enterprise edition with c and c++ generation specifically designed for embedded systems, along with Java reverse engineering.
Tool Name: ProR
Company Name: Eclipse Foundation (Open Source)
Product URL: http://eclipse.org/rmf/pror
ProR is an open source tool for requirements engineering that is part of the Eclipse Requirements Modeling Framework. It supports the ReqIF 1.0.1 Standard natively. It consists of a powerful, scalable user interface for working with natural language requirements. It can easily be integrated with other Eclipse-based tools. Commercial support is available by various parties, including Formal Mind, who publishes a ProR newsletter (see contact link above).
Tool Name: QFDcapture Version 4
Company Name: International TechneGroup Incorporated (ITI)
Web Address: http://www.qfdcapture.com/
- Business Issues addressed by QFD
- Competitive Product Positioning – QFD enables specific competitive positioning targets that are communicated throughout the organization and provides a shared focus for management and project team.
- Product Portfolio Management – Application of QFD provides a unique opportunity to not only define what the current new product should be all about but also what constitutes better as technologies improves.
- Technology Planning – QFD provides visibility to technology shortcomings and focus for future technology needs.
- Timely progress communication (to support stage-gate process) – Each step in the QFD process produces the exact data needed for decisions to be made by management at each gate in the product development process.
- Meaningful definition of Critical Parameters for DFSS process – The QFD process enables the project team to identify the most critical parameters needed to obtain the competitive positioning that will be critical for the success of the project.
- Data driven decisions – The QFD process limits the reliance on subjective opinions to make key decisions by letting decisions be driven by data collected from customers.
- Traceability of decisions and intent (requirements management) – The proper execution of QFD leaves an organization with traceability of requirements and design decisions all the way back to the initial targeted customer and business needs.
Traditional market and consumer research doesn’t really get a clear picture of the true product benefits most desired by customers. Too often qualitative interviews ask customers about features they want or like and stops short of probing deeply to understand why customer want what they want. This deeper understanding of customer motivation is needed to put together enough unrealized knowledge to develop innovative and different products that can win new customers and keep old customers.
Quality Function Deployment (QFD) is the systematic process planners need to help understand why customers want what they want. QFD uses cross-functional teams to identify, understand and document unrealized knowledge involved in planning products, processes, services and strategies which become better then what the competition has to offer.
QFDcapture Professional Edition is the indispensable tool for any planning process, from basic to complex. The software has a decision model focus (the Roadmap), rather than a single House of Quality (HoQ) focus. Having a decision model focus means you can set up and interlink a collection of lists, matrices, and documents to construct a decision making model for your project. This decision making model can be high level (a single HoQ) or detailed (many HoQs cascaded from one to another) or something in-between.
A QFDcapture model enables you to collect, analyze and manage qualitative data to give you an accurate understanding of your competition space, your customer expectations, the constraints regulation impose and the needs of your business. The model will also:
- Help you develop a prioritized list of what customers expect to see in your products, services or strategies
- Help you translate customer expectations into specifications your designers can understand and act on
- Help you develop an ordered list of what steps your company must take to satisfy customer requirements
- Help you plan products, services or strategies with fewer mid-point corrections
QFDcapture Professional Edition Features Include:
- Project Roadmap – Layout a House of Quality (HoQ) set to completely model the QFD process you wish to follow (EQFD, Goal, Four Phase, Simple etc.)
- QFD Models of any Degree of Complexity – Combine spreadsheets and matrices as you wish to create all the types of HoQs available to the QFD process
- Market Opportunity Maps – Produce Market Opportunity Map reports identifying the best opportunities for product improvement.
- Relationship Tree – Generate relationship tree diagrams showing measures for each requirement in a graphical tree and branch format.
- Templates – Print out and work with blank chart templates which are useful as documents-in-progress during team meetings.
- Printing Spreadsheets – Print out spreadsheets as they appear in QFDcapture.
- Larger Applications – Very large QFD models can be developed with QFDcapture
QFDcapture System Requirements:
- Windows 2000, ME, XP, Vista, 7
Join the 5000+ worldwide companies, universities and government agencies that use QFDcapture as their QFD documentation, analysis and planning tool. Successful QFD can be tedious, time consuming and discouraging unless you automate the process with a tool like QFDcapture.
Tool Name: RaQuest
Company Name: SparxSystems Japan
Web Address: http://www.raquest.com/
RaQuest is a requirements management tool designed for use with UML modeling tool Enterprise Architect (EA). With RaQuest, users can manage requirements efficiently through all phases of system and application development.
RaQuest works with Enterprise Architect to extend EA’s existing requirements management capabilities. Additional requirements management features provided by RaQuest include the following:
- Print requirements lists
- Export requirements lists as HTML or Word or RTF documents
- Export/Import requirements lists as CSV or Excel documents
- Show the relationship between requirements in the figure
- Matrix display of the relationships of requirements, or of requirements and Use Cases
- Generate Use Cases from requirements
- Generate requirements from Use Cases
- Track project personnel and assign responsibility for requirements
- Track changes to requirements and addition/deletion of requirements
RaQuest is not dependent on the methodology of specific requirement management. We aim at that RaQuest can be used for the process of any requirement management.
RaQuest is short for ‘Requirement Adjustment Quest,’ reflecting our hope that it will make system development easier. The pronunciation of RaQ means ‘easy’ or ‘happy’ in Japanese.
Tool Name: RDD-100 Product Family
Company Name: Holagent Corporation
Web Address: http://www.holagent.com/
RDD-100 is a Requirements Driven Development (RDD) software suite that uses several mechanisms to aid the user in analyzing and identifying requirements. These include a parser tool that can be defined and developed to help the user identify single or compound requirements. RD-100 allows the user to categorize requirements in a specific manner, the rules for this categorization can be captured and automated. RDD-100 captures and traces requirements using its Element Relationship Attribute (ERA) repository, where each source document, and the text for each requirement, is stored as a separate element. Graphical hierarchies show how individual pieces of data relate to each other and trace back to their sources. The tool can extract requirements from ASCII form documents. RD-100 also provides the user the capability to interactively manipulate and input data through a variety of diagrams including Behavior Diagrams, Hierarchical Views, Functional Flow Diagrams, N2 charts, IDEF0 and Data Flow Diagrams.
The RDD-100 Methodology creates a data repository from which engineers can:
- Define requirements rigorously.
- Refine behavior into discrete processes and allocate them to system objects.
- Design the behavior of system interfaces.
- Establish system feasibility based on resources and costs.
- Analyze the effects of system failures.
- Iterate the engineering design process with increasing levels of detail.
Tool Name: REQCHECKER
Company Name: SGSOFT FRANCE
Web Address: http://reqchecker.eu/
With REQCHECKER™, get back to simplicity. While remaining non-intrusive and without specific environment, it checks the coverage of the requirements between your documents. RECHECKER™ gives you the benefit of requirement engineering to projects with an inexpensive tool. Keep your existing documents: Reqchecker™ analyses your documents under several formats : WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, PDF, Java, XML and more. Track errors and navigate with the Excel traceability matrix. Check propagation of all requirement changes by using the version management : change the input documents and Reqchecker™ shows where your documents shall be updated. There is no requirement in your upstream documents? No problem, Reqchecker™ can use the heading numbers for PDF and WORD documents.
Tool Name: ReqEdit
Company Name: REQTEAM GmbH
Web Address: http://www.reqteam.com/
Product URL: http://www.reqteam.com/en/reqedit-client.html
ReqEdit is a tool that is designed as a simple and portable ReqIF editor for Windows OS. Users can offline create and edit specifications including attributes and links. You also have the possibility to upgrade ReqEdit Client to an enterprise aware solution due to the optional connection to our ReqEdit Server.
A 30-day, fully-functional free trial is available in our shop: http://shop.reqteam.com/
The ReqEdit Reader which is avalaible as freeware in our shop allows you to show any file that is created by a ReqIF-supporting tool. So you have a quick overview about the structure, the attributes and all embedded images and files.
Key features of ReqEdit include:
- Read ReqIF files as native format and editing
- Portable Windows application
- ReqIF offline editable
- Check In / Check Out from ReqEdit server
- RIF 1.1a and DOORS specific ReqIF Import & Export
- Import & Export Wizard
- Support of multi documents and ReqIFz Files
- Link handling
- Opening of separate documents in multiple tabs
- Display of hierarchical structure in a tree and tabular requirements
- Automatic numbering of headings
- Support for “read only” attributes
- Search, sort and filter functions
- Show and hide attribute columns
- Data type dependent editing
- Advanced formatting of text attributes that display images and other OLE objects
- Print function for Main column or the entire document
- Saving of views within ReqEdit
- create new documents and archives
- create and edit attributes and attribute
Tool Name: ReqSuite
Company Name: OSSENO Software GmbH
Web Address: https://www.osseno.com/
Product URL: https://www.osseno.com/
ReqSuite® is a Requirements Engineering tool that does not only provide common Requirements Management features such as versioning, or tracing, but assistance functions to guide and support requirements elaboration activities (eliciting, documenting, analyzing, etc.) as well.
ReqSuite can be highly customized in a model-based way, which allows providing very precise and tailored support for almost every requirements engineering setting.
Its intelligent and context-sensitive work support makes requirements-related tasks faster and enables a higher degree of completeness and clarity in requirements, which finally results in a greater project efficiency.
The feature list of ReqSuite includes but is not limited to:
- Context-sensitive guidance and hints during requirements elaboration
- Model-based configuration of requirements types incl. their attributes, valid values, typed relationships, and desired notations
- (Semi-) automatic tracing and formulating of requirements
- Structural completeness and consistency check
- Requirements reuse by copy and reference
- Exports to MS Word, MS Excel, ReqIF, JIRA
The client side of ReqSuite is currently implemented as a MS Word®-Addin. A web-based interface is under development.
Tool Name: Reqtify version 2.1
Company Name: Dassault Systems
Reqtify is a requirements monitoring tool. It takes the formalized requirements produced by the requirements activity and monitors their implementation throughout the rest of the project’s lifecycle. Reqtify effectively manages requirements traceability and impact analysis across the project’s entire lifecycle, enabling quality development in both hardware and software projects. New features in Reqtify 2.1 include:
- Features for collaborative work
- Graphical view : zoom, moves and resizing of documents are now allowed
- Powerful analysis of multiple word documents
- Improvement of the Reports Generation & Customization capabilities
- Improvements of the Doors interface
- Improvements of the Rhapsody interface
Tool Name: ReqView
Company Name: Eccam s.r.o.
Web Address: https://www.eccam.com
Product URL: https://www.reqview.com
ReqView is a simple to use requirements management tool in which you can capture structured requirements for a software or system product and manage traceability of design, tests and risks to the product requirements. ReqView is the solution for companies from medical, aerospace & defense, automotive and other industries that saves a lot of effort with documenting compliance with industry standards.
Summary of Capabilities
Setup Project Data Model
Flexibly configure your project documents and traceability. ReqView scales from agile SW development projects to complex system development project adopting V-Model methodology. Define custom link types enabling easier analysis of requirements traceability.
Capture Structured Requirements
Capture a structured document in an easy-to-use tabular view displaying the document hierarchy, requirement description, attributes, discussion and traceability links. Describe requirements in a rich text editor, attach images, PDF files, or other documents.
Setup custom attributes for requirements, test cases and risks for your process. For instance, you can track requirements status, priority, target release or describe an acceptance criteria. Copy or move objects or whole sections. Edit selected attribute values at once.
Filter requirements matching an advanced logical condition evaluating requirement description, attributes and traceability links. Find a keyword by a full text search. Comment requirements and update their customer or supplier status.
Export Requirement Reports
Customize HTML report templates and generate reports preserving displayed columns, filter, sorting and navigable traceability links. Create MS Word documents with custom title page, table of contents and paragraph styles.
Manage Traceability Links
Link related requirements, tests, risks and other project information. Browse the requirement traceability matrix in the context of the source or target document structure. Display custom traceability columns with multi-level traceability information.
Generate Multilevel Traceability Reports
Adjust templates for multi-level traceability reports to match your custom layout. Analyze traceability information including important attributes of linked objects, such as user story acceptance or test status. Visualize end-to-end traceability between business needs, requirements, tests and risks.
Manage Project Risks
Manage project risks using Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) or other risk management methodology. For each potential risk capture mitigation actions. Link project risks to the related high-level business or functional requirements.
Browse history of changes to track changed requirement attributes, comments or traceability links. Review changes between project versions in a unique side-by-side compare view. Manage project revisions in your favorite Version Control System (VCS).
Import existing documents from Word, Excel or import ReqIF files from IBM Rational DOORS.
Export a document into any structured text format, such as HTML, CSV, XML or JSON, with custom layout and formatting.
Work anywhere on any desktop PC or Mac. Open a shared project from a network drive, lock a document for exclusive edit and update it offline.
ReqView free version with limited features is available for download.
Tool Name: RMTrak
Company Name: RBC Product Development
Web Address: http://www.rbccorp.com/
Product URL: http://www.rmtrak.com/
RMTrak is a simple requirements management tool for tagging, tracing, allocating, and verifying project requirements.
RMTrak was designed for product development companies but can be easily configured for any type of organization needing to capture, track, or manage project requirements.
Support for Word 2007/2010
- Support for Windows Vista and 7
- Reverse Tree View
- Requirement Text in Tree View
- Filters to limit data displayed in Reports and Views
- Tag Macro support for MS-Styles
- Clickable/Printable Import Errors
- Improved Matrix View with System Attributes
- Alpha-Numeric Document Numbers
RMTrak V5.3.21 Validation Package is now available. You can download it from here.
Tool Name: Statestep
Company Name: Statestep
Web Address: http://statestep.com/
Statestep is designed to ensure that no unusual scenarios are overlooked in the requirements phase.
A unique user interface makes it possible to systematically consider vast numbers of combinations of circumstances. In its most powerful mode of use, Statestep supports modeling system behaviour as a finite state machine – in a simple form that is immediately understood by all reviewers and allows for easy annotation with informal comments or notes.
Whether used in a specialized or a more general way, Statestep provides continuous interactive feedback on the consistency and completeness of the specification being edited.
Template-based code generation is also available.
Tool Name: Teamcenter Requirements Management
Company Name: Siemens PLM Software
Web Address: https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_gb/products/teamcenter/requirements-management/
The Teamcenter requirements management solution can help you capture and communicate requirements from every source to product decision-makers. By integrating requirements management with product lifecycle management (PLM), requirements are elevated from isolated, standalone spreadsheets and documents to be visible to everyone who participates in the product lifecycle. With the Teamcenter requirements management solution, you can accurately trace, continuously verify and reliably maintain requirements information across your organization. Whether you work in product development, manufacturing or the supply chain, you can refer to requirements to make the right decisions to deliver the right products.
With the Teamcenter requirements management solution, you can establish a single, secure source of requirements. You can create, edit, review and approve requirements from your computer or mobile device using familiar Microsoft Office® applications like Word and Excel®.
Connect Requirements Management with Project Plans
If your product or contractual requirements include schedule and cost targets, you can use the Teamcenter requirements management solution to connect requirements to projects, tasks and resources.
Continuously Verify Requirements and Establish Accountability
When requirements are managed in isolated, standalone spreadsheets and documents that only a few people can see, the requirements are difficult to maintain as the product changes throughout the lifecycle
Tool Name: TopTeam
Company Name: Technosolutions Corporation
Web Address: http://www.technosolutions.com/
TopTeam is a unique tool that enables various disciplines to clever work together with the end result in mind.
The power of TopTeam can be explained by the integral design that looks beyond just requirements. The easy to use tool, with rich features “off the shelf”, ensures requirements are really used by all disciplines that contribute to achieving the common objectives.
- Powerful repository to document all kinds of information
- Extensive features to document and manage requirements
- Strong traceability functions and visualization
- State-of-the-art support for writing and modeling use cases, including integration with testcases
- Life cycle support with versioning, releases and baselines
- Integrated issue tracking and change management system
- Useful communication—workflow features to support working in a team
Tool Name: Verification Studio (V&V Studio)
Company Name: The REUSE Company
Web Address: http://www.reusecompany.com/
Product URL: https://www.reusecompany.com/verification-studio
The Verification Studio (Formerly called Requirements Quality Analyzer – RQA) allows you to define and manage the V&V of the SOI, System element or any kind of development work-product (requirements, SysML models, MODELICA models, etc.) by measuring, calculating and (eventually) improving their Quality. Poor quality of work-products during the concept and design phases of a project leads to rework, extra costs, delays and, if not detected, severe consequences. A tool to automate the routine quality inspection and analysis of many types of work-products minimizes the cost of quality appraisals, while dramatically reducing the costs of poor quality.
V&V Studio is connected to IBM DOORS, Visure Requirements, Reqtify and Microsoft Excel. RQS is able to analyze requirements written in English, French and Spanish.
Follow us on Twitter.
Tool Name: VisibleThread On-demand/On-premise
Company Name: VisibleThread
Web Address: http://www.visiblethread.com/
VisibleThread develops document content analysis software that identifies defects and streamlines document compliance. The company’s analysis software enables users to scan MS Office and PDF docs for liability concerns, automatically create compliance documents, coordinate and track changes from multiple stakeholders, and provide oversight throughout proposal development and IT delivery projects.
VisibleThread can provide specific support for those promoting Volere, by representing the template as a ‘structure outline’ in the solution. This means that docs can be proactively checked to ensure certain sections are filled in while helping guide authors (using an MS Word plug-in) to fill in content according to the core sections as recommended by the template.
Today the company offers VisibleThread for contract specialists, capture managers, proposal response teams, legal reviewers and IT development teams. The identification of compliance, legal, and delivery concerns through automated scans enables proposal response teams to improve efficiency and increase their probability of winning government and commercial contracts. For more information, visit http://www.visiblethread.com.
Tool Name: Visual Information Portal (VIP) Version
Company Name: Future Tech Systems, Inc.
Web Address: http://www.future-tech.com/
Envision VIP provides a fully extensible database for housing each piece of a document. This includes phrases or words that a user uses in a document. Envision automatically keeps track of all key terms (e.g. requirements and system elements) and all references to them. Envision VIP provides a completely customizable reporting facility that provides unlimited ways of viewing and building information such as indexes or glossaries. In addition, it provides a custom query facility that produces Excel type spreadsheet reports, a data repository browser facility, and a repository toolbox.Now you can synergistically model your enterprise with the ENVISION Visual Information Portal (VIP). Accurately modeling these complex domains is crucial to shaping a viable re-engineering agenda.
Intuitive models allow you to quickly capture your “current state” metrics as a baseline against which future changes can be evaluated. These “live” dynamic visual models support on-going strategic planning and control within the organization. They can also be used to provide multimedia training, executive information systems, project planning, development, and beyond.
ENVISION from Future Tech Systems is widely used by business consultants and analysts in major organizations for:
- Documentation of processes, services, systems and organizations
- Enterprise resource planning and control
- Documentation management and control
- Process improvement
- Graphical executive information systems
- Systems analysis and design
- Data modeling
- Network modeling
- Model based training
Tool Name: Visure Requirements
Company Name: Visure Solutions
Visure Requirements is a state-of-the-art Requirements Definition and Management (RDM) tool specifically designed to provide an integral support to the complete Requirements process:
- Requirements Capture
- Requirements Analysis
- Solution Specification
- Validation of the Specification
- Verification and Acceptance Tests
- Requirements Management
- Report Generation
- Integration with other lifecycle tools
Our powerful RDM tool helps teams to build high-quality systems requirements specifications: users can capture and manage requirements, analyze them in relation with the business domain in which they are categorized, and represent the system being built by means of clear and expressive techniques, understandable directly by the end user. Besides, Visure Requirements helps to manage the requirements and to trace them through the subsequent activities and stages in the system development. Visure Requirements also adds graphical functions for supporting the specification organization for large and complex projects, guaranteeing the specification quality.
Visure Requirements belongs to a new generation of Requirements Engineering tools: the emphasis is not only on requirements management but also on requirements analysis, project organization and the description of the high-level functions which compose the system being constructed. As a result, Visure Requirements streamlines your software Requirements Management process to increase your efficiency and effectiveness in systems development by using state-of-the-art Requirement Engineering methodologies and techniques.
What makes Visure Requirements different?
- Flexibility to visually support multiple end-to-end processes and methodologies in Software and Systems Engineering: The block diagrams reflect visually the elements and the relationships in the process, including elements other than requirements, such as Use cases and tests,
- Low implementation time and user orientation: The tool can be quickly configured for the different roles, creating and sharing user views, as well as restricting the functionality according to the role, to increase the user acceptance.
- Support to reuse, product lines, and variants: Reusability of components (requirements, services, tests, attributes and relationships) enable reduced rework and cost and better quality.
- Powerful architecture, and use of standard: Visure Requirements repository can be based on commercial databases, and makes use of different standards that make it an integrated tool (XRI, XMI, CSV, HTML, etc.)
- ALM support through integrations: Visure Requirements provides integrations with other ALM tools, as well as an open API and Plugin SDK.
- Requirements communication and distributed teams support: The import and export process in Visure Requirements (Word, Excel and XML) supports the customer-supplier relationship, as well as offline work. Visure Requirements provides multiple collaboration techniques such as discussion forums for requirements, and and a collaborative platform with Visure Web.
Tool Name: workspace.com
Company Name: workspace.com
Web Address: http://www.workspace.com/
workspace is unique because it is a single repository that allows users to management requirements in the context of the entire application development life cycle. workspace allows users to link requirements to other project artifacts, including tasks, change requests, tests cases and results, defects, issues, and more. As a result, real-time traceability reporting is a simple push-button operation. Since workspace is web-based, it is ideal for widely distributed, virtual software teams. Users can collaborate by attaching comments to any project artifact, including requirements. Automatic alerts can be set to notify users whenever a new comment is added or when a requirement is added or edited. workspace is available both online and on-premise. The full workspace solution consists of 8 project applications (Requirements, Plans, Tests, Issues, Defects, Change Requests, Documents, and Time). The cost for workspace is $10/user/month for the Requirements application or $35/user/month for use of all 8 applications.
Simply go to our web site to create your free account.
Tool Name: XTie-RT (Cross Tie Requirements Tracer) Version 3.1.02
Company Name: Teledyne Brown Engineering
Web Address: http://www.tbe.com/
Product URL: http://www.tbe.com/products/xtie/xtie.asp
XTie-RT is a client-server based application that manages requirements. Amongst other things like functional analysis, risk analysis, and testing it provides automatic parsing of requirements using the user-defined keywords that meet the keyword specification. XTie-RT is built on a proprietary database which supports a point and click query mechanism. Up to 128 simultaneous users operating on multiple projects are allowed. It can be configured to support a functional or OO project based methodology. Traceability functions include support for normal parent/child links to manage requirements and support for peer links between items in the database and general documents to provide an audit trail showing compliance to quality standards or contractual conditions.
Tool Name: YAKINDU Traceability
Company Name: itemis AG
Web Address: http://www.itemis.com/traceability
Traceability is a patent-pending, professional tool that helps you to describe and trace the life of your project requirements. It enables easy and well-arranged traceability management – for example to comply with legal requirements such ISO26262, Automotive Spice, DOA178, EN 50128, etc. You can e.g. trace from requirements in DOORS via a UML-design to Simulink-models, sourcecode, test-cases and test-results in various formats.
YT is highly configurable. You specify which engineering artifacts exist, where they reside and how they should be recognized. Furthermore, you can configure whether traceability links should be derived from existing relations or matching attributes of your engineering artifacts and/or if such links should be maintained manually by an engineer.
YAKINDU Traceability really interacts with your tools. You navigate between interrelated artifacts across tool borders or analyze their dependencies with a simple mouse-click. Selections are propagated from engineering tools to YAKINDU Traceability and vice versa. As one of our customer explained to us: “This is real Traceability”.
Several validations reveal inconsistencies such as links to artifacts which have been deleted, duplication of trace links or changed “suspicious” artifacts. Better than that, YAKINDU Traceability does not only reveal inconsistencies, it also provides wizards which make your data consistent again.
Traceability is not an end in itself. Instead “traceability supports coverage, consistency and impact analysis” (Automotive SPICE Process Assessment / Reference Model 3.0). As analysis is the purpose, it is supported heavily in YAKINDU Traceability – may it simple ad-hoc queries, customized reports or data exports to Excel or a databases.
Tool Name: Yonix
Company Name: Yonix Ltd.
Web Address: http://www.yonix.com/
Yonix – Online Software for Business Analysts
Good analysis is hard, sharing and managing it shouldn’t be.
With Yonix you’ll spend more time doing the exciting stuff and less time worrying about the boring stuff. Built by Business Analysts for Business Analysts, we have taken the time to understand and address the challenges in delivering great requirements.
Yonix, web based and simple and easy to use, enables you to:
- Deliver great requirements and documents
- Seamlessly manage traceability and versioning
- Share your work and keep your team engaged and on the same page
- Collaborate, discuss ideas, resolve conflicts and get valuable feedback
- Save time, reuse and share knowledge and requirements
- Stay in control and ahead of the game
- Standardise your BA processes and practice
Yonix intends to provide support for the Volere Requirements Knowledge Model and Template.