IBM Rational Requirements Composer supports requirements definition and requirements management using a collaborative approach, enabling stakeholders and IT teams anywhere in the world to provide input, get clarity, achieve consensus faster, and adapt to changes quickly.
IBM Rational Requirements Composer empowers teams to define, manage, and report on requirements throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Engage a wide range of globally distributed customers and other stakeholders in a requirements driven development process.
- Use intuitive online rich documents, storyboards, process diagrams, use cases, and other visual techniques to capture customer needs and drive your business.
- Analyze, organize and manage requirements and their changes efficiently using attributes, collections, tags, filters, in dynamic information views or use out-of-the-box templates and custom reports to understand a project’s position (including requirement specification, audit history, traceability report).
- Encourage group collaboration across development projects combining team expertise to improve clarity and accuracy in requirements for stakeholders, developers, managers, etc.
- Move beyond office documents, spreadsheets, work items, or note cards to express and manage requirements.
- Bring agility, customer focus and predictability with light-weight requirements practices.
- Exposes requirement and development gaps or change impact using traceability which provides visibility across requirements to implementation and test.
- Reuse requirements artifacts across an enterprise or program.
- Align requirements, development, change management, and quality management activities through Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) by relating requirements from Requirements Composer to work items in IBM Rational Team Concert, and tests in IBM Rational Quality Manager.
- Where teams are capturing, organizing, and planning requirements in a work item backlog, elaborate these work items with visual and textual notations to accelerate communication with and commitment from the customer or product owner.
- Rational Requirements Composer delivers a powerful combination of definition, management, traceability, templates, history, review and approval, task management, planning, shared filters and views, customizable dashboard, reporting and shared viewlets with Team Concert and Quality Manager capability using your favorite Web browser.