HP Quality Center is an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) solution which delivers fully integrated requirements management, test management and defect management functionality, allowing customers to manage and trace requirements across the complete application lifecycle. As a module within HP Quality Center, HP’s Requirements Management (RM) offering is designed to be an easy-to-use robust tool which helps stakeholders maximize the likelihood that an application development project will deliver the functionality required by the business. In addition to capabilities such as: standardized requirement types, three-way traceability (requirements, tests and defects) andMS Excel / Word import, other Quality Center and Requirements Management features include:
- Flexibility – multiple requirement types can be organised in one hierarchy and requirements can be customised according to projects – allowing equal focus for both functional and non-functional requirements
- Traceability – requirements can be linked to other requirements, test cases and to defects in one centralised location, helping to reduce the cost of ownership, provide full visibility across the lifecycle of an application and streamline the development process
- Impact Analysis – RM provides the ability to understand the impact of changing requirements across business silos and helps to determine where testing efforts should be focused prior to moving forward with development
- Release & Cycle Management – requirements can be organised according to release and development cycles enabling organisations to better determine and compare the level of quality and operational readiness associated with each release
- Risk Based Quality Management – project requirements can be categorised according to both business risk and criticality focusing teams on important deliverables. This allows the business to instil rigor in their processes and ensure that testing efforts are concentrated according to both business and IT need
- Program Management – by leveraging other applications within HP’s Business Technology Optimisation (BTO) Suite, users can manage multiple elements of a development project from resource availability through to task and time management
HP Quality Center is an enterprise-ready solution whose native capabilities are growing with each release. In addition, our open APIs allow us to enrich our solution through integrations and ensure that HP proactively supports the complex eco-system of processes, tools and applications that our customers need to manage. Indeed, industry analysts argue that HP’s Quality Center is already a disruptive force in the marketplace and will continue to be an even stronger alternative to incumbent requirements management offerings.