CaliberRM is an enterprise requirements management system designed to facilitate collaboration, impact analysis, and communication in the definition and management of changing requirements. CaliberRM helps organizations Â– large, small, or distributed – effectively manage expectations across the lifecycle so that projects are delivered on time, within scope, and according to specification. Designed for ease of use, the intuitive interface and powerful decision support capabilities of CaliberRM help teams deliver on key project milestones with greater accuracy and predictability. CaliberRM also helps applications meet end-user needs by allowing all project stakeholders — marketing teams, analysts, developers, testers, and managers — to collaborate and communicate the voice of the customer throughout the lifecycle. Features include:
- Centralised repository – CaliberRM provides a central, secure repository for project requirements. By storing requirements in a common repository, the most current data is available to the people who need it, whenever they need it.
- Adaptable – CaliberRM is designed to bring speed and agility to the requirements process.Whether your process is highly structured or very agile, CaliberRM can be customized to support the way your teams work. It is easily customized directly through the GUI or by using helpful wizards; complex and/or proprietary scripting languages are not required.
- Requirements traceability across the lifecycle – CaliberRM has an open architecture that permits requirements to be linked to a variety of artifacts across the lifecycle.Whether it be a source code file or change request managed in Borland StarTeam, a test case or test set managed in Mercury interactive TestDirector, or a task from Microsoft Project, CaliberRM can link requirements to the appropriate artifacts.
- Impact analysis throughout the application lifecycle – Multiple methods of traceability visualization help users immediately understand the scope of analysis required to gauge the effect of a requirements change. Traces are easily created using drag and drop and can link assets in multiple systems.
- Online glossaries to standardise and define terminology – Glossaries can also be used to define ambiguous and untestable terms Â— words that donÂ’t belong in requirements. CaliberRM helps to refine requirements on the way in, so they don’t become costly defects in later stages.
- IMPROVE COLLABORATION – CaliberRM provides an enterprise repository that delivers simultaneous, secure, and live requirements data for all projects. Enjoy using the flexibility of rich-text formatting and embedded images and tables to express requirements in a way that makes the most sense for your organization.
- EXPAND YOUR VISION WITH DATAMART – CaliberRM Datamart is a powerful business intelligence solution that provides managers with dashboard-style reporting to measure, track, and analyze the efficiency and effectiveness of the requirements management process.
- MAKE MORE ACCURATE PREDICTIONS – CaliberRM ESTIMATE Professional includes powerful requirements-based estimation capabilities that help project managers plan project scope, schedule, and resources throughout the software development lifecycle with greater accuracy.
- ACCESS REQUIREMENTS FROM ANYWHERE – CaliberRM clients are architected to communicate efficiently via TCP/IP giving team members quick access to live requirements data from virtually anywhere, even with low bandwidth connections.
- REDUCE LEARNING CURVES WITH EASY-TO-USE GUI – CaliberRM makes it easier for stakeholders from many backgrounds to collaborate Â— increasing the amount of usable knowledge available for developers. In the event of staff turnover, CaliberRM makes it easier for new employees to get up to speed quickly, helping to reduce risks to the project schedule.
- RECEIVE NOTIFICATION OF IMPORTANT CHANGES – Immediate notification tied to changes of project requirements means responsible users wonÂ’t be surprised by changes that are not evident until later in the development cycle.
- FOCUS ON WHATÂ’S IMPORTANT – Prioritize requirements by sorting and filtering on cost, priority, or other key attributes within the spreadsheet views. Views can be created based on data collected to make the management of requirements easier.
- VIEW COMPREHENSIVE AUDIT TRAIL AND CHANGE HISTORY – Every change in CaliberRM is automatically audited. Each change creates a unique history record, highlighting the differences between one version of a requirement and another, including the reason for the change.
- LEVERAGING BASELINING TO MEASURE VOLATILITY – Since CaliberRM captures versions of each requirement, it also enables baselining – the versioning of a whole set of requirements with each requirement at its specific version. This baseline provides the capability to both electronically sign and view a snapshot of requirements at a point in time. By comparing baselines in a handy side-by-side report, users can immediately see where volatility, modifications, additions, and deletions have taken place.
This description is out of date, but Microfocus will not answer my requests to update it.